Description : "A comprehensive, one-volume desk reference created in cooperation with Encyclopædia Britannica®. Features more than 2.5 million words, 25,000 clear and precise articles, over 1700 illustrations, and 225 maps. Includes pronunciations."\\
Description : Presents concise definitions, pronunciations, abbreviations, some illustrations, usage examples, and synonyms with ten thousand new words and meanings.
Description : "A rich source of information about the world's finest literature. Over 10,000 entries and 250 illustrations covering authors, works, and literary terms and topics from all eras and all parts of the world. Includes pronunciations."
Description : EB Online includes the complete encyclopedia, as well as Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and the Britannica Book of the Year. You can also use EB Online to search an Internet directory that includes more than 130,000 links to Web sites selected, rated, and reviewed by Britannica editors."--Secondary page.
Description : A guide to references commonly used in speech and writing. Explains more than 900 allusions. Entries include examples from today's leading media. A must for language lovers and great for ESL students.
Description : Britannica Concise Encyclopedia is the perfect resource for information on the people, places, and events of yesterday and today. Students, teachers, and librarians can find fast facts combined with the quality and accuracy that have made Britannica the brand to trust. A tool for both the classroom and the library, no other desk reference can compare.
Description : "Consists of a fully searchable and browsable collection of authoritative references, including Britannica's latest article database; articles not yet in the print Britannica; Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (tenth edition); the Britannica Book of the Year; and links to other World Wide Web sites selected by Britannica editors."--Britannica Online information page.
Description : Most people use less than 5 percent of their overall brain potential. A Brilliant Mind helps readers tap into the other 95 percent through the mental exercise of vocabulary building and memorization. With the exercises in this book, readers can improve test scores, increase IQ, memorize more information, communicate more effectively, and excel in work and interactions with other people. Developed from Dr. Minirth's vast experience as a psychiatrist, A Brilliant Mind contains dozens of word lists to memorize, a process that will not only increase vocabulary but also change and grow the brain itself. The book also reveals eight time-proven memory techniques, encourages Scripture memorization, and offers insights into language that will open new doors for any reader. A Brilliant Mind will be especially helpful to baby boomers looking for mental exercises to sharpen their minds and improve their memories.
Description : This one-volume reference provides a comprehensive overview of gambling in the Americas, examining the history, morality, market growth, and economics of the gaming industry. • Includes documents from prominent court cases • Profiles leading persons and organizations dealing with gambling operations • Features a detailed chronology of events including legalization and laws on Internet gaming • Offers an expanded bibliography that provides additional resources for further study